Missing sent emails

Reaction score
To be able to help you some more information is needed.
which email client are you using??
how is it setup (IMAP/POP3)??
Provider name may give us some insight.
are those missing emails not in the "send" folder (or outbox or whatever it is called)??

Reaction score
Hi thanks for such a quick reply. It is pop3 and they are not in the Sent Items folder. I have a sent email dated 1/2/2017 and others from 25/1/2017 and earlier but there is a gap between those dates with no sent mail. Had to be when I needed to review a sent mail. I am using virgin's blueyonder email.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND ..... the Email client you are using??

Reaction score
Windows 10 mail, since this is a windows 10 forum. Is there another email client within windows 10 that is better? Can anyone suggest a better programme? I quite like using Mail but you cannot save read emails to a folder and you can't reverse the viewing order. I was using Outlokk but this is real pain to set up on a new laptop. It is always a pain to change the programmes one uses and so having moves to mail and calendar, I had hoped that it would fulfil my needs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot help you with that as I have never used it. My preferred email client is Mozilla Thunderbird....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I can't explain what is happening but.....
Would you open a browser and go to your outlook.com account on line, enter your credentials and check your sent items folder and see if there is a difference in what you are seeing between the mail app and the same account within a browser.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Hi thanks for all the suggestions. None of my newly sent emails show up in my sent folder, so I have decided to stop using Mail as my email client and revert to Thunderbird.

Ask a Question