Modify Protection settings under System Properties

Reaction score
How can I change the Protection Setting of external drives from OFF to ON in order to ensure equal treatment when setting a Restore Point?
system properties - system protection.jpg

Reaction score
I never tried that until you posted this.
After I turned on system protection on my ext. hdd, I got this warning message.
Based on the warning, I would say it might not be a good idea. But then, you might not have system image backups in your ext. hdd, in which case, it might be ok.

system protection turn on - ext. hdd.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is not for me to decide which is good for you or not.
So, you asked how to turn on system protection, here it is ....
( refer to your own screenshot) > Select Seagate > click at the Configure button > click Turn on system protection ( see my screenshot) > OK when done.

Reaction score
Thanks for the system protection warning (which I am aware of) but under THIS PC several of the drives do not always show up, therefore cannot be accessed? This morning early, all drives showed up but now my drive 1 is missing??

Reaction score
Thanks for the system protection warning (which I am aware of) but under THIS PC several of the drives do not always show up, therefore cannot be accessed? This morning early, all drives showed up but now my drive 1 is missing??

That sounds like a different question.
Anyhow, do all your drives have drive letter assigned ?

Reaction score
What do you mean "only the 4...."
How many drives do you have. You are giving out info bit by bit.
That's very hard to fully understand you problem.

Why don't you post a screenshot of your disk management. Let's see all your drives.

Ask a Question