Monitor issue since upgrade

Reaction score
Hi recently my old x58 system died, and i upgraded to the lga 1155 platform with an i7 3770k. and got the free windows 10 upgrade. ever since i have upgraded the OS everytime i install a new program my monitor loses signal and just goes blank and i have to unplug both power, and dvi cable and plug them both back in for it to turn back on im at a loss here. heres my system specs.

Asus maximus v formula lga 1155
intel i7 3770k
16gb gskill 1600mhz memory
2x zotac gtx 770 in sli
Yamakasi spartan 2560x1600 monitor

ps this didnt happen in windows 7 enviroment only started happening after windows 10 upgrade

Reaction score
It is possible your Yamakasi Sparta monitor is not compatible with Windows 10 although I would think that if it was that it would not work even a little. Try another monitor temporarily. I looked for a Yamakasi web site to check compatibility and/or firmware availability but could not find one. I posed a question regarding compatibility on Amazon which sells those (model 301). There is a support site according to reviews there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received a reply from my query to Amazon and a person says they have no compatibility issue with the monitor and Windows 10. Still try another monitor to positively rule out the monitor as being problematic. Be patient, perhaps the problem will go away after your next update. Also you could try a hard restart. Unplug the power cord and push down the power button for 30 seconds then after plugging in power, restart. I have been told that removing the motherboards CMOS battery and reinstalling it then plugging in power and restarting may be required to hard restart in some cases.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you running the latest Nvidia drivers (downloaded off their site), or the ones windows updates provides?

Ask a Question