More Strangeness

Reaction score
I wish Microsoft would hurry up with 10147. I had 3 videos in the video folder of my great grandkids playing with my electric piano keyboard. I was going to play one of them to check if sound was working and when I opened the folder it was empty. The videos were gone. Just a little while ago I was going to send a picture via email to my son and daughter in law. Opened Windows Live Mail and discovered all of my email contacts were also gone and I don't know why as the newsgroups I visit were still showing. Got out my flash drive where I have contacts, etc. backed up and tried to plug the drive into a USB port on the front of my computer case but Windows wouldn't recognize it. The drive is a USB 3 and has worked there before. I plugged in a USB 2 drive and it was immediately recognized. I have a couple of USB 3.1 ports on the back of the motherboard so I tried plugging in there and it worked. I was able to import my email contacts back into Windows Live Mail.

I've had a few blue screens now and again and I'm thinking that somewhere along the line a repair was done that for some reason removed the videos and email contacts. I put the videos back in from a backup and they are still there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you have the specs on your motherboard?
Specifically, Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number (all the numbers) Rev. # Number, etc.,

Reaction score
It's an ASUS Z97 Deluxe USB 3.1 Revision 1. Part # is 90MB0LD0-M0AAY0. I have flashed the latest 2401 UEFI. 16GB Crucial Memory and an Intel Core i5 4670 CPU. I installed the motherboard a couple months ago on April 18th.

Ask a Question