SOLVED Mount network drives on boot up

Reaction score
when I turn one of my computers on, the networks drives are not connected. I have to click each one in turn to get them recognized. Is there a way to mount the networks drives on boot up. Windows 10. My other computeres does not have this problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would expect the mapped network drives to appear when the client computer is started, provided that the network resource is available to the client computer at that time.
How many computers on the network?
How many are sharing resources?
I've found that when mapping network resources from the client to the host......
Using a static IP address on the host and then providing that in the UNC path when mapping provides more efficiency and reliability as it removes NetBIOS (Wins) as well as DNS or any other name resolution from the equation.
\\192.168.1.77\ShareName (as an example)

Reaction score
I have 3 computers open normally. The one computer not mounting the network mapped drives is a i7 with 11 hds and 2 dvd drives, beside this I have mapped 10 networks drives. So this computer is full of items. If this computer is the only one turned on the network drives are not mounted, I have to click each one to get it mounted. If I restart the computer the network drives are mounted, My other computeres does not behave the like all network drives are mounted by boot up. I will add that all computers and network items have a fixed IP address

Last edited:
Reaction score
items.jpg

So my trouble computer looks when ok mounted

Reaction score
when I turn on the computer, even if it the very first of my 4 computers, I get the following result. The computer has beside the motherboard sata ports also a 8port LSI sata + sas host bus adapter allowing me to connect all the shown drives + map the network drives. When I click the unmouted drives they get mounted.
first boot.jpg

Reaction score
Perhaps you might try using the "subst" command when you perform your drive mapping.
According to this article, it is more persistent when connecting to mapped local resources.
http://www.itworld.com/article/2694895/how-to-map-a-local-folder-to-a-drive-letter-in-windows.html
What i see here is that he suggest to map local resource, but what I map are shared network resources on my two WD NAS attached to my network. I think I for the time being have to live with that problem. BY the way, the problem arised after a windows update to my computer. I dont not know what update that was.

Reaction score
what just happened was that I shut down my router (Asus) then started it up again, and my problem i7 computer behaved as expected. my shared network drives are now mounted on computer startup.;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks very much for sharing your solution.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question