Mouse Cursor won't move to next monitor from the top left corner

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I have a 2 monitor setup. I like to drag/drop windows from one monitor to the other, but Windows 10 has a barrier it seems right in the top corners. If I'm on the left monitor, and I go to drag a window to the right monitor, it will hang in the top right corner of the left monitor and not move, until I move the cursor down slightly, then it'll let me move it. Is there a way to remove that stopgap so I can move windows freely from one monitor to the other without having to go around the top corner? I hope that makes sense

Reaction score
Well, FTR, I am able to duplicate your problem with my two monitor setup so it's not something wrong or unique with your system. It seems Microsoft has disabled some of the "Hot Corners" functions found in W8, but not all. In fact, I have experienced this but did not realize it was a corner thing.

I think it has something to do with the "Snap" feature because when I disable Snap, I no longer see the little sonar type ripples, but I still get stuck in the corners as you describe. I think it a bug and I will report it. I recommend you do the same as the more reports will get more attention (squeaky wheel thing). Report any bugs you find to Microsoft using the Windows Feedback app in your Start Menu.

In the meantime, it seems you... we need to get into the habit of pulling the window down a bit so the mouse stays out of the corner.

If I figure this out, I will post back here. Please do the same - or hopefully someone else already has and will enlighten both of us.

Oh, I did see a third party app that says it controls the Hot Corner functions but I don't think that is the right solution.

Reaction score
Great advice man, I'll report this as a bug as you said. Maybe we should play around with hot corners and see if disabling it will solve this problem? I'll keep my eye on this forum for solutions. Thanks!

Reaction score
I saw and bookmarked that to. The HTG is typically a good source of info and, as seen here too, he provides a way to undo the changes. If it really bugs me, I might go that way but since I rarely use maximized windows, I rarely run into this problem.

Reaction score
I use maximized windows constantly, so I may try this quick reg hack and see if it solves my problem. Reversing it is easy enough as well. I'll post my results.

Reaction score
Another alternative is to use a multi-monitor utility like UltraMon which I use – not free, but worth it IMO. See also the free DisplayFusion. I have not used this but many multi-monitor users like it.

Ask a Question