Mouse Lagging in Windows 10

Reaction score
I just bought a refurbished Dell Inspirion 15 3000 Series with Windows 10. It has 8 GB of RAM and an AMD A6 processor.

I'm having a major issue with the mouse lagging. It is very annoying. It will work fine for a few seconds, then freeze for a second, then work fine again for a few more seconds, only to repeat this process over and over again.

I've already tried a lot of the suggestions that I found online and nothing has worked so far. I have tried updating my mouse drivers and graphics drivers. I have tried disabling the scrolling windows feature. I have already disabled Realtek Audio on startup. I have disabled Cortana. Pretty much every suggestion I have seen online has been attempted and it's still lagging significantly.

Anyone know of how to fix this? Thanks.

Reaction score
What type of mouse connection, PS/2, USB Wired, USB Wireless or Bluetooth? If USB have you checked the BIOS for setting USB to Legacy? If USB are you plugging into a USB 2 port [black center] or a USB 3 port [blue center]? Sometimes makes a difference as the BIOS supports USB 2 but the Operating System has support for USB 3 after loading drivers at startup.

Reaction score
What type of mouse connection, PS/2, USB Wired, USB Wireless or Bluetooth? If USB have you checked the BIOS for setting USB to Legacy? If USB are you plugging into a USB 2 port [black center] or a USB 3 port [blue center]? Sometimes makes a difference as the BIOS supports USB 2 but the Operating System has support for USB 3 after loading drivers at startup.

It is a Logitech wireless USB mouse. I am plugging the receiver into a USB 2 port. But I've noticed that the same thing happens when I use the Dell Touch Pad. Lagging cursor again. Which makes me think it's something with the PC, not the mouse itself.

Reaction score
See if you have a program named FMAPP.exe which is part of the Realtek software. If so then stop it in Task Manager and set it to not start up with Windows. Numerous others have reported that this program causes lag issues with the mouse and track pads.

Ask a Question