Mouse lags at times when scrolling

Reaction score
I am enjoying a lagging problem when scrolling. I am using a Logitech MX Revolution with the latest Setpoint Software installed on a Windows 10 64 bit system.
At times, I can scroll and there will be absolutely no problem. Then something happens and I can click 2, 3, 4, 5 times before the scrolling will begin again.
I've had the Setpoint Software uninstalled, installed, uninstalled & now installed. There was a long time when no lagging was happening whatsoever.
But yesterday to my great joy, this is happening again. Today, it appeared while scrolling different websites, the page would just freeze for several seconds and then take off again.
Would it be wise to use this mouse without Setpoint or should I leave it installed. Please advise.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When the webpage freezes is this Microsoft Edge browser you are using?

If it is, click the book icon in the address bar to view content without all the side video/ads. They appear to lock the browser a lot.

Does the mouse freeze if you are scrolling other applications like MS Word for example?

By the way, I added a new keyboard mouse combo myself the other day.

It installed fine and initially worked normally. Then the keyboard response became slow.

I checked Windows Update and despite having brand new hardware discovered there are better drivers for the Microsoft keyboard/mouse.

I also dumped and reinstalled my USB drivers as a precaution given the mouse and keyboard were wireless to make sure there were no issues there.

Problem resolved for me.

Reaction score
I'm using Chrome. But I just noticed, scrolling down through Word, it did the same thing. It sticks and when it does, it sticks big time. Well, I'll say for about 3-5 seconds then takes off again.
When you say you dumped the USB drives, which ones? I see a few listed under Human Interface Devices. Are these the ones you refer to?

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you are using a wireless keyboard / mouse you will have a tiny usb pug plugged into your computer.

It's the hub with the USB port the wireless usb plug is attached to. In my case it was my USB 2.0 ports.

footnote: Have you checked the battery in your mouse is not just going flat?

Reaction score
Not the battery. It's a rechargeable. I've got an ASUS but not sure what particular USB port it would be that I've got the USB Plug plugged into. Forgive the novice question but how do I find that particular USB port?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Logitech brand their wireless adapters. Look at the things plugged into your computer and you ought to see one with white lettering on it saying Logitech on it. That ought to be the adapter for your mouse / keyboard. Unless of course you also have a logitech headset with its own wireless adapter, in which case you may have two adapters plugged in.

if you open your File Explorer window though, the lower half shoes attached devices. There is a good chance it will say something like F: Logitech Mouse; ENG: US

Or something similar.

You could consider moving the adapter to a different USB port on your computer too as it could be something simple like a range issue if the port its currently in does not give enough power to send/receive a strong signal to/from your mouse.

Also, check whether the port its in now is USB 2.0 or 3.0 and make sure this is what your mouse/keyboard require.

so far as Device Manager goes though you could disable all USB hubs, then restart pc as they will be re-detected and set back up during the reboot anyway. Note: do not uninstall the driver software for those hubs, otherwise they will not be automatically detected and reset up on reboot!

Reaction score
Thank you for your efforts. The USB port I have the adapter plugged into, has worked perfectly for a long bit. But, I used to have this same problem with this mouse before and for whatever reason, it stopped till this week and then began doing its ugly thing again.
There is a known problem with this mouse, a lot of Logitech mice for that instance. If you google something like "Logitech MX Revolution lags" it's unbelievable how much one can see regarding this.
When you mention the USB ports, I'm thinking you're referring to one of those listed in the Device Manager. How would I know which one in there is the one I have my adapter plugged into or is there such a thing?
When this problem happens, it's as though something in the system is taking complete control and stops everything, not quite freezing up but just for those couple seconds it doesn't scroll, though I can move my mouse around, nothing moves at all when attempting to scroll.
Right now, I've got a Microsoft Sculpt Mouse plugged in and up to this point, I can't get it to reproduce the same problem. In other words, scrolling is flawless but again, only up to this point. I could report back in a few minutes that it's doing the same thing but right now, I've tried my Chrome Browser and Word and no hesitations whatsoever. What do you think more?

Reaction score
I had similar issues with an expensive Logitec rechargeable mouse with Windows 7, I can't remember the model number, I dumped it and it's currently laying in a box of parts. Switched to a MS Windows wireless mouse, it's worked flawlessly for years and several computers. Works great on my Dell and Acer laptops too. It's by far the best mouse I've ever owned.

Reaction score
Do you think it's most likely in the Setpoint software or something else? I cannot blame it entirely on Setpoint because actually, I didn't have it installed on here before today. I used to have it on here a ways back but must have taken it off. What's your take on it?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you Norton for passing this info along. Their first suggestion does nothing. Secondly, by the time one reads through their 13 page document in the Link you gave, one would need new reading spectacles. Scanning through it, the total sum equals zero.
The point (and not Setpoint) remains, there is a serious issue with Logitech Mice and this Setpoint software.
It's been an ongoing issue too long now and in my judgment, they are "not" going to fix it.
Once again, I seriously appreciate you coming in on this. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Reaction score
From what I've read, Logitech offer no assistance on the issue and refuse to accept that they have a problem. BTW did you try uninstalling the smart software?

Reaction score
Affirmative. Had the software uninstalled when this problem reared its ugly head again.

Is this a recently purchased mouse? Maybe you can get a refund exchange for a good wireless mouse because of Logitec's compatibility, or lack of. Logitec are aware of the many user issues but they seem unwilling to resolve something they didn't create. I think that's their opinion.

Reaction score
No, this MX Revolution is probably six years old or better. I bought it when they first came out. I've had this Microsoft Sculpt Mouse and put this on the shelf for a while because once in a while it would not connect properly through the bluetooth.
Having got so fed up with the Logitech after it began hesitating on the scrolling again, I pulled this Sculpt mouse back down. Not sure if it's the Microsoft updates or what, but it's working flawlessly.

Ask a Question