Mouse Pointer Scheme

Reaction score
Need some help. I have a mouse pointer scheme that I like to use. When ever my computer restarts the Mouse Pointer scheme reverts back to the default scheme. I then fix it by right clicking the desktop, click Personalize, then click Themes, then Mouse Pointer Settings which opens the Mouse Properties box. I then click Pointers, then click the Scheme I use, click apply then click ok. Everything is fine until the next restart, then I have to go back through the above mentioned way to get my scheme back.
I'm running Win 10, updated from Win 7. The problem also was present when I was using Win 7.
Any ideas?
Thank You.

Reaction score
Why use a scheme/theme? Would it not be as easy to select each item individually? My pointer is not a custom pointer but is one I selected individually in Mouse Properties (customization) and it is stable.
To be constructive, I just selected a scheme and will see if it is stable for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The theme is a MLB theme and when I select it, all the different items (help select, working in background, busy, etc) get changed at the same time.

Reaction score
I chose a scheme and saved it (do not forget that). Then I reset the computer and the scheme is ok. I can not say why yours would be different.
You might try selecting a pointer you like, save it and see if that also goes away on restart.

Reaction score
Tried different pointers, saved, restarted and every one was reverted back to the default pointer. Thanks for your help. Not really that big of a deal.

Ask a Question