Mouse stuttering again!!

Reaction score
I have a Lenovo Yoga 500 running Windows 10. Right from the start I have had problems with usb mouse stutter. It seemed to recur after automatic windows 10 updates ran. I could fix it by a reboot.

I thought it was a driver issue but I'm not sure that it is.

The external mouse is just a basic microsoft mouse but I have tried others.

The machine has just been restarted after updates and I now have the same problem on both the external usb and the touchpad; so much so that I am having to write this post on a different laptop that doesn't run 10. A restart didn't help.

Does anyone know how to solve this once and for all. It's driving me crazy!

Is this even the right forum section?

Bif

Reaction score
Easiest and most common issue believe it or not is dieing batteries.
Second is conflict with the usb port used, in which case switching to another usually fixes the issue.
The touchpad issue replicating the mouse issue I am not familiar with unfortunately..but rest assured that someone on here will be.

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with a Logitech wireless laser mouse. Nothing will solve it. Someone posted a link in these forums the other day that stated there is an issue in Windows 10 that causes this. MS needs to come up with a fix but has not done so yet. My issues started right after the Creator's Update. I have two other HDD's in my computer. One running Win 7 and the other Win XP Pro. My mouse works great in both of those OS's. Only lags and stutters in Win 10. And not all the time either. The issue lies with MS and I don't believe there is anything we can do shy of dumping Win 10.
I found the link. https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/24-core-cpu-and-i-cant-move-my-mouse/

Last edited:

Ask a Question