movie maker

Reaction score
can i download this software without need for windows essential package, since statement of windows says that essential is going to be cancalled this year, anyway i it's needless to me

Regedit32

Reaction score
Movie Maker is not a stand-a-lone product per se.

You need to download Windows Essentials 2012.

When you install this you can choose what you want to install from the package (i.e. movie maker), but note if you happen to have Windows Live Mail 2011, or Windows Essentials 2011 on your computer all ready, then despite deselecting those items you will be upgraded to 2012 anyway.

I've tested this on my machine and Movie Maker works fine. As does the other bits that come with Windows Essentials 2012. Yes they are stopping support for it but if its installed it will keep working regardless.

You can download Windows Essentials 2012 here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/movie-maker

That page also links to the Store apps which you could try in lieu of Movie Maker that you might prefer and will be supported for some time to come given the apps there are for Windows 10 OS.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question