Mozilla

Reaction score
I use Mozilla always have and use it with windows 10 . last week I could not get on the internet using it so I ended up uninstalling it. then reinstalling it. I did this 7 times and all I kept getting was while it was installing was an older version of firefox was running and did I want to shut it down. I clicked on shut it down and tried again and kept getting same message. I have uninstalled it again checked everywhere to make sure there was nothing running and the same thing happened again.. I was hoping someone knew what else I can do to fix my problem?

Reaction score
Try doing a restart. That should kill any application running (unless you have it in Startup).
Then try reinstalling it.

Reaction score
Also you can check your device manager to make sure there are no instances of firefox running.

Reaction score
Best bet go to support.mozilla.org It is a very robust help forum. I believe there is even a folder dealing specifically with Setup and Installation problems.

Do you still have Firefox setup in Control Panel > Default Programs as your default browser? That might be gumming up the works too.

Reaction score
Also you can check your device manager to make sure there are no instances of firefox running.

Correction:
That would be TASK MANAGER, Device Manager lists installed/attached hardware, status, drivers, driver update/rollback options and internal system information.

Ask a Question