SOLVED mp3 to txt, only text to print out list

Reaction score
I have lists of songs in mp3 form in a folder. I would like to print a list of the titles of the songs only, not the whole mp3 music. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Victor

Reaction score
If you are comfortable with the Command Prompt and want only the file name you could change to the directory they are in and type dir /o/s>dir.txt then open that text file in your word processor or Notepad or WordPad and print from there. The switches of /o organizes and /s includes subdirectories. Type dir /o/s/p to see what comes up first, the /p pauses at each screen-full. Might also use Windows Media Player to create Playlists then print those.

Reaction score
Bighorn, I could not get anything to work. I just did it the tedious way, left click on song, picked rename, copied name and pasted it in notepad, repeat as needed. Thank you for your answer, Victor

Reaction score
I have found a work around for this problem, open folder, highlight what you want copied, and press shift key and also right click mouse. Select copy as path, then paste in notepad. You will have to clean up the text to what you want it to look like, but it is the best way that I have found yet.

Reaction score
I have found a work around for this problem, open folder, highlight what you want copied, and press shift key and also right click mouse. Select copy as path, then paste in notepad. You will have to clean up the text to what you want it to look like, but it is the best way that I have found yet.

THANK YOU for such an elegant and simple solution!!!

Ask a Question