MS Edge does not connect to the internet

Reaction score
Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. During this time I have only been able to connect to the internet with Edge once in a while but it soon quits connecting. Internet Explorer and Google Crome connect just fine. The taskbar shows that I have internet access. I have searched on the internet for answers and have tried many suggestions but none of them work. The last thing I tried was to do a ISO Download and run a repair install. This did not solve my problem. I think there is a setting or program on my computer causing the problem. How can I find the culprit and how do I solve the problem. Of course the repair install left all of my settings and Apps intact. I get two error messages: " Can't reach this page" and "Hmm, we can't reach this page." I have another computer on the network Edge works just fine on it. It is a private network.
Edge seems to be working except for the internet connection. Of course without internet connection it is useless.
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago.
Could you please hold the Windows Logo key (near the bottom left of your keyboard) and while holding that top the "r" key.
That should produce the "Run" dialog box.
In the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK
That should produce this
Capture.PNG

Knowing which version and build number of Windows 10 you are using might help understand what might be going on.
You can use the native Windows snipping tool, to capture the image and include it in your next post.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry.... I was thinking that perhaps your version of 10 was lagging and needed updating but it looks like you're up to date and current.
Unfortunately since, I never use Edge I cannot be of much further help.
Internet Explorer and Google Crome connect just fine.
Personally, I'd pick one and set it as my default browser and not concern myself with Edge as a browser option. It'll likely magically repair itself at some future point in an update.

The symptom that you describe as Edge not seeing a network connection or believing it is connected to the internet is a weird one and if I had to guess.....
It might be a time out setting, involving your DNS server (likely your router) not responding (forwarding) quick enough for Edge's liking, but I really don't know for sure.

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what Edge is
I use Internet Explorer
Follow a recent update, whenever I open a tab, I get a message "Can't reach this page"
There is a bar with Google on it, and when I click on it, Google starts to work
Please sort this in your next update, so that Google comes up straight away

Reaction score
The OP hasn't responded for almost 6 months, so I guess he may have solved the problem

Ask a Question