MS Store

Reaction score
I opened the Windows Store to download and install an app. I kept getting the "you are not connected to the Internet" dialog box. I was connected though. Checking on Google to fix this I found a MS help page telling me to change a cache file in file explorer to "old" and create a new folder called cache, which I did. I went back to Windows Store and tried to download and install an app. Now it just refreshes the screen. I still cannot download and install an app. Any ideas. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Settings -> Apps & features
Scroll down to Microsoft Store and Click it once and choose "Advanced options"
Scroll down a bit and click the "Reset" button.
It may require a reboot to work.

Reaction score
Hi @BentGrass.

After getting the same thing, then jumping through all sorts of ridiculous hoops (including a full reinstall) and finding none of the suggested fixes worked, it seems this only occurs with the new 1803 release.

Managed to get this working when I discovered I needed to re-verify my Microsoft Account login. There appears to be a bug where you can be logged-in to the Windows Store, but it doesn't prompt you to reverify your Microsoft Account when you try to install something. Instead, it just reloads the app page. :mad:

'Manage your account' -> 'Your info' -> 'verify your account'.

Once this was done, I was able to download and install apps from the Windows Store again.

Hope this works for you too.

Reaction score
Open Settings -> Apps & features
Scroll down to Microsoft Store and Click it once and choose "Advanced options"
Scroll down a bit and click the "Reset" button.
It may require a reboot to work.
I went an did this but it still keeps refreshing the screen when I hit "GET". Bummer.

Reaction score
Hi @BentGrass.

After getting the same thing, then jumping through all sorts of ridiculous hoops (including a full reinstall) and finding none of the suggested fixes worked, it seems this only occurs with the new 1803 release.

Managed to get this working when I discovered I needed to re-verify my Microsoft Account login. There appears to be a bug where you can be logged-in to the Windows Store, but it doesn't prompt you to reverify your Microsoft Account when you try to install something. Instead, it just reloads the app page. :mad:

'Manage your account' -> 'Your info' -> 'verify your account'.

Once this was done, I was able to download and install apps from the Windows Store again.

Hope this works for you too.
Once I did the original sin of changing a cache file to "old" and adding a new cache folder that's when I had some new problems. I couldn't get my tiles on the start screen to appear. Talked to a friend who told me to do what you suggested. I went and did that but I still download app from the windows store. Thanks though.

Ask a Question