MS Update 20H2 breaks networking

Reaction score
MS in their infinite arrogance once again screwed the pooch. Upon completing the update, my ethernet connetion was set to Public and I could no longer see my other machines and no way to change to private. I rolled back the update and machine was still set to public with no way to switch it back. I found the instructions to reset it using Powershell (Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name "MyNet" -NetworkCategory Private) and I can now see this machine in the network, but no others. Personally I would like to make MS send someone here to fix it themselves but I know that isn't happening and I have worked with their networking support before to my personal dismay despite a paid support call. Please tell me how to fix this!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello,
I encounter the same problem but for machines in a domain, impossible for my network card to detect the domain, I have to play on my network card for the domain to be taken into account, but as soon as I get my machine back the problem comes back.
in version 1909 no problem but since the passage to the 20H2 (1904.906)

Ask a Question