MS Update 20H2 breaks networking

Reaction score
MS in their infinite arrogance once again screwed the pooch. Upon completing the update, my ethernet connetion was set to Public and I could no longer see my other machines and no way to change to private. I rolled back the update and machine was still set to public with no way to switch it back. I found the instructions to reset it using Powershell (Set-NetConnectionProfile -Name "MyNet" -NetworkCategory Private) and I can now see this machine in the network, but no others. Personally I would like to make MS send someone here to fix it themselves but I know that isn't happening and I have worked with their networking support before to my personal dismay despite a paid support call. Please tell me how to fix this!

Reaction score
Hello,
I encounter the same problem but for machines in a domain, impossible for my network card to detect the domain, I have to play on my network card for the domain to be taken into account, but as soon as I get my machine back the problem comes back.
in version 1909 no problem but since the passage to the 20H2 (1904.906)

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 Pro and it is version 2004. I lost all my networked computer as well.
Open control panel and open change advanced sharing options. turn on Network Discovery and
File and Print Sharing in Private, and Guest or Public.
In ALL Networks Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files to
public folders, File Sharing Connections turn on use 128-bit encryption.
Lastly Password Protected Sharing is up to you be sure to read before you decide.
Be sure to reboot. This should be done on all your computers.

Ask a Question