MS Word is taking a lot of time to open inside Dropbox and OneDrive

Reaction score
That could be normal since both names are things on someone else's computer or a company's Server and need Internet access which is affected by several variables such as location, distance, other servers enroute, location, etc., your ISP service, connection speed, etc.

To add, Word is not an Internet Browser itself, do you get the same issue with Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, SeaMonkey, Vivaldi, etc.?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it is not that files are taking time, they are just not opening and making the whole folder unresponsive crashing the whole folder. And it is happening with office files in a folder only. When I open an office file on desktop, it opens fine. But when I go to My Computer and open any files from documents or any other folder, it crashes. BTW all folders are on cloud whether OneDrive or Dropbox. So I have delinked dropbox and deleted it but the the same files behaving like same. One drive is showing same behavior. But desktop is also on the Onedrive. So cloulds are not a a problem it seems. Now it seems some problem with windows rather than Office.
Microsoft Office was not showing in installed programs. When I check, Office was demanding to put a new key. I have downloaded Libre Office for the moment until I get to the bottom of Office key issue. But still same files are showing similar behaviour.

One new thing is happening now that previous Words files which were not opening, now are opening but folder becomes unresponsive. So files open but the folder these are kept in crashes like before.

Ask a Question