msn.exe-no disk error message

Reaction score
I am getting this pop up error message frequently. In the body of the message it says there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive F:.

This started after putting an SD card into the card reader slot to down load pictures from a camera. It pops up often and I have to click cancel or continue 3-7 times before it goes away, then it will come up again. It comes up when I try to do most anything with my msn email such as open the app, open an email etc, but also comes up randomly. It has bogged down my email and I have to keep closing the app and re-opening it. I tried rebooting. I tried searching for an updated driver for the card reader.

Any help? If so, please dumb it down for me, and don't skip any steps! I follow directions well, but am not a tech person at all!
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Drive F is the SD card slot yes?

After you had finished loading the pictures from the card did you right click on Drive F and 'eject' the card before removing it? Always 'eject' SD cards and USB thumb drives.
W10 probably thinks that the card should still be in the drive and gives you this pop up when it is doing internal housekeeping. A bug in W10 perhaps.

If you put that card back into the slot, open it with File explorer and then 'eject' it I think this may solve the problem.

Reaction score
Drive F is the SD card slot yes?

After you had finished loading the pictures from the card did you right click on Drive F and 'eject' the card before removing it? Always 'eject' SD cards and USB thumb drives.
W10 probably thinks that the card should still be in the drive and gives you this pop up when it is doing internal housekeeping. A bug in W10 perhaps.

If you put that card back into the slot, open it with File explorer and then 'eject' it I think this may solve the problem.
I

I did that fairly soon after it started bc I couldn't remember if I had just grabbed it out or hit the "eject" button first and it didn't stop it from occurring. And yes F drive is the SD card slot.

Ask a Question