SOLVED MSN Live Tiles are not working in build 15063.483

Reaction score
Again my live tiles have stopped. This time the Creators Update bit me. The latest update to [483] didn't fix anything either. All MSN apps are impacted. Tried everything found as a solution on the internet to resolve but, nothing works. I did create a local account to see if the MSN app tiles would flip. They did. Not a good solution to go through resetting the new account to look like the current one. Way to much trouble. I just want to know if someone knows where MS is hiding all the personal files connected to the store apps so I can delete them. Maybe that's the real fix.

Reaction score
Nothing worked. So I created a local account. Everything works now. This time I won't link the local account to my MS account. When I do that, the live tiles to the MS apps break. So there seems to be a problem in the SM account sync process.

Reaction score
Hey kd833,
I'm having a similar issue.
Mines with the MSN News tile.
I uninstall it.
Re-install it and it is live.
I open the app via the tile and it works perfectly.
However, when I close it, the live tile no longer works.
I have uninstalled the New app (via Settings \ Apps).
If I click on News and the "Advanced options", I can "reset" the apps data. (Which I have done.)
But it still leaves some data behind. (Because that data size does not do to zero.)

So like you, I was wondering where, in the wide wide world of sports, is this MEN News data kept.
So that I might uninstall the app.
Clean up any left over data.
And then reinstall the app to see if it has a positive affect on my live MSN News tile.

Were you able to make some progress ?

Ask a Question