Multiple displays issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've just installed W10 for some days now. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but there is an issue, regarding multiple displays settings that its quite disturbing:

ISSUE:
I'm using my laptop as a desktop replacement. I've connected it to a larger screen, which is Display #2 and set Windows to use only that display. The problem is that Windows is not remembering this setting! Every time I put the laptop to sleep, when I wake it up, always both displays are on, and I have to set it again and again to "Use only Display #2"

How can I save the setting, that when I have the second display connected, the first display to be off ?

Thanks!

Reaction score
How did you set that in windows. What steps did you follow? A screenshot gives more details.

Reaction score
I've set it through the standard procedure: R-click on desktop > Display Settings.

The first screenshot shows the setting I'm doing. Then, I close the laptop (closing its cover) and when I open it, displays are Extended again :( (like shown in the second s.s.)

Attachments

• W10_md_1.jpg
    W10_md_1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 637
  • W10_md_2.jpg
    W10_md_2.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 684
Reaction score
Your attitude is very unprofessional, I was expecting some support on my issue, but you just asked me for a screenshot and then nothing happened, so it was just a waste of time.

I thought this is something official but its just a scam after all, looking at other threads: the same thing, no replays, nothing gets solved.

Shame on you mr. Kamal for wasting ppl's time, on your profit.

"Thanks for support"

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm a multi-monitor user myself but with a tower. I don't have that issue. My guess would be it's with the laptop itself in conjunction with sleep mode. This could be something that MS has overlooked while testing 10 and pushing it out for public release. I would send a feedback message to MS explaining your issue just to let them know.

What are the other options you have for displaying your monitors? Have you tried any of those to see if the issue occurs with those as well.

Reaction score
Thank you bassfisher!

The options available for displays are:
- Extend these displays
- Duplicate displays
- Show only on #1 ( this is default laptop monitor)
- Show only on #2 (this is my desktop monitor, I try to stay on while using laptop as desktop replacement)

So I am selecting the last option, as shown in my previous screenshot, then I press Apply. (there is no "Save" button)
------------------------------------

The behavior is quite strange and is as follows:

- When I reset the laptop, the setting is preserved: at Windows startup, display #1 is closed, only display #2 is on, so its all right.
- When I shut down the laptop, same thing happens as above, its all right as well.

- The issue occurs only when I put it to sleep by closing the laptop's cover and then I wake it up by opening the laptop and pressing anything ... That's when it fails. This is most sad because most of the times I don't want to close all my apps, and I really prefer this method.

Best regards.

Ask a Question