Multiple User Login Screen Like Windows 7

Reaction score
I am already loathing my decision of taking the free upgrade from my old trustworthy and no nonsense Win 7, but meh, what's done is done.

Anyway, as the title says, I need that option back of Windows 7, where you would be offered with multiple user login screen. I am up for pretty long, so might not be making myself clear, so explaining more. I have two accounts (offline accounts), A and B, and when I turn on or Restart my desktop I want both the user account login option on the login screen, NOT the stupid way it does now, by straightly logging into the last accessed account.

I would like to do it without installing any additional software, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyway, as the title says, I need that option back of Windows 7, where you would be offered with multiple user login screen
Well it's not exactly a Windows 7 Welcome Screen, but......
All of your accounts on your Windows 10 Computer should show up in the bottom left corner of the logon screen for your selection.

Reaction score
Well it's not exactly a Windows 7 Welcome Screen, but......
All of your accounts on your Windows 10 Computer should show up in the bottom left corner of the logon screen for your selection.
Umm, nah. Not happening like that. When I turn on my system it goes straight into the last logged in user's account, it doesn't even show the other account anywhere.

I remember doing some registry code alteration for Win 8, but forgotten about it. Will search later. Hope I'll get a reply here by then.

Thanks anyway.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only time I don't see the options on the logon screen to select either of multiple users, is when I use a Picture Password Login.
Both PIN and normal Password produces this.......

WP_20150725_23_18_29_Pro.jpg

Reaction score
Well I don't use any password or PIN code or anything! I have recorded a video of the issue (of which MS thinks as a feature, ROFL) but just no time or interest to upload it.

In any case, that issue seems like nothing now. Now I can't open my router's login page, which is opened by typing 192.168.0.1. It's a Netgear DG834G by the way. The page keeps loading itself and never ultimately loads! It's exactly how it reacted on Win 8 too. Probably will/ should go back to Win 7, unless there is a solution.

I don't see the point the MS' rebranding Windows 8 and trying to sell it under a new label of Win 10! The shite Win 8 had its fans, there was no need really.

This is exactly what I like. Install a fresh OS, and then spend hours trying to fix problems/ bugs. I love this.

PS: Attached an image of how the page looks like when it's opened fully. Opened it from my phone obviously!

Attachments

• 2015-07-26_10-21-02.png
    2015-07-26_10-21-02.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,669
  • Screenshot_2015-07-26-10-51-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-26-10-51-29.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 1,485
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same multiple user issue. at present my other users need to log in to mine and then change over.

this cant be right surely?

Reaction score
I have the same multiple user issue. at present my other users need to log in to mine and then change over.

this cant be right surely?
Yeah, that is right all right. This is what happens when a group of dull headed people are given a job to cook a OS.

In any case, you must use a password to disable that nonsense of auto user login, at least that's what I do. I am using a one letter password. Excellent right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Same issue. And, you've got to be kidding me. There is no option to set this like Win 7 without a password? Wow, just wow. You know, I was complaining to a coworker earlier today about some software my company uses that is so terrible, lack of usability, beta testing, etc. And, I had the audacity to compare to the "polished" stuff of the old days from companies like Microsoft. Spoke too soon. I'm speechless.

Reaction score
Same issue. And, you've got to be kidding me. There is no option to set this like Win 7 without a password? Wow, just wow. You know, I was complaining to a coworker earlier today about some software my company uses that is so terrible, lack of usability, beta testing, etc. And, I had the audacity to compare to the "polished" stuff of the old days from companies like Microsoft. Spoke too soon. I'm speechless.
Of course there is an option to set Windows 10 without a password.

Reaction score
Of course there is an option to set Windows 10 without a password.
Agreed, I know you can set Win 10 login without applying a password. Not what I meant. I should have been more clear. I apologize. Question was rhetorical. Anyway. I found the answer. Involved registry modifications.

Reaction score
Well I have my W10 machine with two accounts. If I set it to login with a password I see the accounts at the bottom left and can select them. If I set to login with no password then obviously I don't see the choice it just logs in. That seems correct to me.

Reaction score
Hi to all,

You may require a network with a few resources to be connected. You can make use of the MAC address filtering and add one more than estimated layer of security to your network. Every resource in the network has a distinctive MAC address. You can turn the firewall option on when the router ships with this facility. If you have done these things, then your network will be safe as awaited. You will be satisfied with an easy way to use the IP address of a router and make your network as secure as possible.

Ask a Question