Multiple User Login

Reaction score
I have multiple users on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro and when I boot it up the first screen shows me a list of those users in the lower left corner, in addition, when I am logged in I can select the start button and at the top click on my name and see a list of users allowing me to log out and log someone else in. On my desktop running Windows s10 Pro (same versions) these are not showing either at startup or after logging in. Both devices have the same three users and both devices user settings seem to be the same.
Can anyone tell me how to get the desktop to list the users on the first screen and how to get them listed once someone is logged in? I want the laptop and the desktop to display the same information.
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right Click the Start Button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
lusrmgr.msc
hit enter or click OK
Are the additional users reflect in the User Manager Management Console?

Reaction score
Right Click the Start Button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
lusrmgr.msc
hit enter or click OK
Are the additional users reflect in the User Manager Management Console?

Yes, all three are listed and in the correct groups

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
At the sign-in screen....
Are you using a picture or PIN password.
You might have to switch to the alternate "password" sign-in screen in order to see the other users.

Reaction score
At the sign-in screen....
Are you using a picture or PIN password.
You might have to switch to the alternate "password" sign-in screen in order to see the other users.

On the desktop PC where I am having this issue there is no option for anything other than local account login or MS login. I can login as any of the other users using there MS login.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No link on the left "Sign-in Options"??
I'm stumped.
If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts -> Manage another account
Are they all listed there as well?

Reaction score
No link on the left "Sign-in Options"??
I'm stumped.
If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts -> Manage another account
Are they all listed there as well?

Yep all are listed, has me stumped too, was hoping someone on this forum could help me figure out what was going on.
The big difference between the two PC's is one is a desktop and one is a laptop. I did a clean install on the laptop and upgrade from Windows 7 Pro on the desktop. Both run 64 bit versions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
was hoping someone on this forum could help me figure out what was going on.
I hope so too.
I don't suppose that any of the other user accounts have logged on so they probably don't have a profile directory in C:\Users so.......
Maybe try this.
Reboot the computer in Safe Mode
See if that produces anything different.

Reaction score
I hope so too.
I don't suppose that any of the other user accounts have logged on so they probably don't have a profile directory in C:\Users so.......
Maybe try this.
Reboot the computer in Safe Mode
See if that produces anything different.

All the other accounts have logged in and have profiles. Will try Safe Mode and let you know.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
upgrade from Windows 7 Pro on the desktop
I'm wondering if there were any policy settings that existed in the previous install of Windows 7 Pro, like fast user switching

Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Cool....
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your problem.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question