music is jpg. how to change back

Reaction score
I don't know why but I had to reset my toshibs laptop using windows 10 and now I can't play music because the files have jpg. endings, how do I change back so that I can play again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Make sure you adjust your folder view settings so as to not hide file extensions and then test on one of the files.
Simply, right click it, choose rename and backspace out the .jpg and replace it with the proper extensions, maybe .mp3

HideExtensions.JPG

Reaction score
Make sure you adjust your folder view settings so as to not hide file extensions and then test on one of the files.
Simply, right click it, choose rename and backspace out the .jpg and replace it with the proper extensions, maybe .mp3

View attachment 2820
Thank you, I change the extension to mp3 but that didn't work I don't know what other extention to use.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
do you have any idea what you may have used to accumulate the audio files???? which software??
There are multiple audio file extensions.
Do you know how the extensions were changed in the first place?
Some audio file folders will contain legitimate .jpg files (album art) as well as other file formats depending on how they were created to include .xml files or playlist files, etc.

Ask a Question