MVPs of old

Reaction score
This may bore many, but this page was brought to my intention and was of particular interest to me.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mv...ktop-experience-security-mvps-reach-millions/

The page is a little out of date, as you can see. The posted figures you see, passed a million, last year.

I was on of the Desktop/security MVPs for seven years. Then, ou of the blue, last year they moved the whole lot of us into the insider program, without the full access, any longer, to the general MVP pool or perqs. I.E. They fired us.

The higher level MVPs are acknowledged as experts in their fields, there contributions are of a very high standard. But it was us who, since around about Windows 95, managed to keep the (bug) wolf from the door and Microsoft's head above water.
To my loss, possibly, I quit the program. I must admit, that after spending literally hours pounding away at my computer, I felt let down and insulted.

Anyway, sorry for the bleat, I had to air my thoughts.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I feel your pain.
Sad, but alas, they don't have a lot of respect or loyalty to those of us who brought them to the dance.
It's just...... "Roll the body out of the way and bring me someone who's still breathing"
As a former MCP, MCSA and MCSE I enjoyed the old TechNet Subscription.
Free for a while, then my employer paid for it and after I retired I paid for it out of my pocket.
Then one day it was just abandoned.
OH Well... Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away.

Reaction score
At one time I wanted the title. After having words with not one but two different MVP's I no longer want the title.

Perhaps it is people with my experience that pushed MS to make this decision. But I can guarantee they didn't learn anything.

Ask a Question