My computer opens up with the following!

BML

Reaction score
My computer used to open up by just showing me the Desk top but recently it opens up by showing me the following which is a bit of a nonsense because by the time I look at my computer after switching it on the Broadband is connected but I wonder if there is a way to get rid of the notice.
upload_2017-3-3_15-7-14.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This question is probably best addressed by someone using a similar device with the same ISP, but...
I suspect that it may come down to some associated software launching at startup, so.....
Have you had a look at the Startup Tab in Task Manager to see if you can spot it and perhaps consider disabling it from running at startup?

BML

Reaction score
I checked what is on the Start up and could see nothing.

I looked at the suggestion on Backing up but could not see the relevance to my query.

I checked Gizmodo and found that it was Reimage which checked my computer and came up with the following real or imagined problems. What was most certainly not imagined was a request for £19.95 which I considered sharp practice and should have been shown before the application started.

Windows explorer, Crashed.

Com Surrogate, Crashed.

Brother Brlog, Crashed.

Microsoftedgecp.exe, Crashed.

Securitycentre, Crashed.

Winword.exe, Crashed.

A2service.exe, Crashed.

Then I’m informed that I have Stability issues, Security threats, Registry and Windows Damage Severity.

I then press the button to fix these real or imaginary problems and find that it will cost me twenty quid so I’m no further forward.

Ask a Question