My display only fills half of my screen.

Reaction score
Last time I started up my computer, my display only filled half of my screen. I could use all of my programs and had full access to the toolbar, but the displayed only filled the exact half of the screen, right half to be precise. It looks like a compressed version of what i was used to. I have tried several times to restart, i have plugged in and out all of the cables, but nothing seems to work. An important clue could be that when i go to my display settings, the screen is detected as vertical rather than horizontal like it used to be when it worked. I really hope someone can help me with this ASAP. Thanks

Reaction score
Try on the display page go down to Display Orientation, is it in Landscape or Portrait if Portrait change to Landscape

Reaction score
Right click the desktop - Display settings.
Scroll down to "display orientation"
Select "landscape"

Reaction score
You can also try resetting the monitor, press the menu button on the monitor look for the reset function!.

Have you recently updated your graphics card drivers?. :)

Reaction score
Last time I started up my computer, my display only filled half of my screen. I could use all of my programs and had full access to the toolbar, but the displayed only filled the exact half of the screen, right half to be precise. It looks like a compressed version of what i was used to. I have tried several times to restart, i have plugged in and out all of the cables, but nothing seems to work. An important clue could be that when i go to my display settings, the screen is detected as vertical rather than horizontal like it used to be when it worked. I really hope someone can help me with this ASAP. Thanks

Could you give me some information about the monitor, graphics card, refresh rate and resolution? That would make the problem more specific. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Do wish people when asking for help would have the decency to reply if the replies had helped.

Reaction score
That was his one and only post here. He probably posted on other forums and either got an answer or the problem went away.
Maybe doesnt even know that he is welcome to respond to help

Reaction score
Nothing new. I'm on a lot of forums. Most new members only join to get information, not contribute anything and then disappear. I tend to ignore their queries unless I see follow up posts from them.

Reaction score
Nothing new. I'm on a lot of forums. Most new members only join to get information, not contribute anything and then disappear. I tend to ignore their queries unless I see follow up posts from them.
Sorry, clippy. Cant agree with that. I am only on forums to provide whatever help I can It matters not to me if they do not respond.

Reaction score
Same here, if they respond OK, nice, if not then i have to assume some post fixed the issue...

Ask a Question