My laptop has only one 3.5mm jack

Reaction score
My laptop has only one jack for audio with the drawing of a headset with microphone next to it. I have headset with microphone with 2 3.5mm jacks one for audio and the other for microphone connected using adapter that makes em one jack. I also connected speakers to the line using adapter with many outputs.
Microphone won't work. Speakers now have low volume because headset also is connected with it using adapter. What should i do to fix it? Should i buy headset with integrated audio and microphone on to one 3.5 jack? But want to connect speakers to this line also using a splitter. I already did but have the above problems.
What should i do?

Reaction score
Speakers now have low volume because headset also is connected with it using adapter.
Usually plugging in a headset cuts out the speakers entirely.

I'd certainly check with the maker or vendor/brand of the Notebook/Laptop for a device that can accomplish what you need. Some Notebooks have a built-in microphone to go with the camera.

Reaction score
I agree with internal speakers not working when something is plugged into the audio port. What adapter are you using to combine your headset? It almost sounds like it is not converting correctly so be careful. Does the headset work if you don't plug in the microphone?

Do you any other type of headset you could try?

Ask a Question