My "mail" app has stopped downloading emails, calendar frozen

Reaction score
For 2 weeks my "Mail" app has been frozen and I use Windows Live Mail to get emails. My "Calendar" has stopped working, can't open it up to get appointments nor to add to dates. My "People" app has never worked, I am assuming this app has all my contacts in it, have to use Live Mail for my contacts. Yesterday "Edge" would come up when I clicked on it then would flash and disappear behind the task bar but today it is working, not complaining about that. When trying to do "updates" it says it can't. When running Norton Full Scan it get stuck at Microsoft Tap Tiles. Any help will be appreciated.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It sounds like you have some corrupted/missing system files.

A couple of suggestions; first disable Norton and then try updating the system. Next thing is to try a "Reset" with keeping all your files. If that doesn't work, backup and save everything you want to keep, then do a "Reset" that completely erases everything and start like a clean install.

Reaction score
For 2 weeks my "Mail" app has been frozen and I use Windows Live Mail to get emails. My "Calendar" has stopped working, can't open it up to get appointments nor to add to dates. My "People" app has never worked, I am assuming this app has all my contacts in it, have to use Live Mail for my contacts. Yesterday "Edge" would come up when I clicked on it then would flash and disappear behind the task bar but today it is working, not complaining about that. When trying to do "updates" it says it can't. When running Norton Full Scan it get stuck at Microsoft Tap Tiles. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks bassfisher6522 for your help. I decided to call Microsoft and glad I did. The level one tech found one file that needed to be eliminated but after 3 hours I needed a level 2 tech. I made an appointment, earliest being 2 days later, and after 8 hours 99% has been solved. Microsoft disabled Norton saying that it was fighting with the Microsoft Defender and to close my account with Norton, done. Mail and Calendar say they are not yet synced. Microsoft's tech said I need to call Microsoft to work with them on that issue. Thanks again for your help.

Ask a Question