SOLVED My new laptop will not recover from Sleep.

Reaction score
I tried every setting in Power and Sleep settings and when it goes to sleep and you try to wake the computer it crashes. Hibernate works and turning off the screen works. I cannot use Fast Startup as it has a problem and crashes on turning on the computer, but I think it's a faulty bios that is causing that. My laptop is being replaced and I'm hoping Fast Startup will start to work then.
I can get it to work "sleep" if I turn off the Power Service". Have any ideas. It's not a big deal as I rarely use it, but it would be nice if I could.

I am a computer Tech so you can talk registry and almost anything to me about Windows 10 Pro. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ray

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My new laptop will not recover from Sleep.
IF it is "new" that would seem like something the seller or manufacturer would need to address.
My laptop is being replaced
I'd certainly be interested in hearing how that turns out.
Especially if it turns out to be fixed with the replacement.

Typically you'll want to enumerate some specifics as to the manufacturer, model name, model number, any details as to how it's spec'd out.
That way if somebody who has a similar device may have some experience to share which might prove more useful than just random suggestions

Reaction score
Here is what happened to my new P52 Lenovo Laptop. I did a firmware update for ME (an intel chip on the MoBo) and it destroyed my Bios and now it takes minutes longer to boot for the bios to come up. I had 3 replaced motherboards and the same thing happened time and time again. The problem is now not the Bios, it's windows. Waiting for my new replacement laptop to come, I updated all drivers and worked on fixing all errors and warning in the event viewer to a minimum of four recurring warnings, all of which are benign. I run a SSD as my main drive and a NVME as a backup and storage drive, both are 2TB. Windows Fast start fails due to the waiting Bios, I believe. I don't know what is causing Sleep to crash on wake, as I don't think the Bios has anything to do with that. Any suggestions would be helpful. Yes Fast Start has been turned off. I did delete my power profiles and reloaded them. I hope I answered all you Q's Trouble. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
I found the answer to all my Windows 10 crashing Problems... The FIX solved Fast Startup, Crashing from Sleep mode, and All my other Power problems.
It's a hard to find answer and I'm going to share it with all who have the same problems. When I received my new laptop and installed Windows Pro everything worked great except the BIOS (Lenovo is replacing my Laptop as we speak). So I went into the device manage and looked for all the new drivers. After I updated them I noticed that the NVME driver was using Windows standard, so I went to Samsung for their NVME driver and installed it. Did not realize that anything was wrong until I changed my Power settings in Windows to use Sleep mode. The time spent trying everything I knew to solve the crashing took me months until I read today that someone in a different forum said something about the Samsung drive causing him to crash when his computer resumed from sleep. So I thought it could not be that driver until I deleted it and Windows reinstalled the Standard one. ALL my issues with crashing went away. Just shoot me now. I should of known better to use a non Windows driver for my Storage controller. This Post is Solved and can be closed. Hope it helps you too.

Ask a Question