My Pc only go to sleep modearly sometimes

Reaction score
So, my pc sometimes goes to sleep mode, other times it shuts down the mouse, keyboard and screen but the cpu etc keeps turned on...

Reaction score
Gagrecco, it sounds like your machine is overheating and is shutting itself down.

If it's a desktop, open it and spray it with canned air AFTER you turn it off.

If it's a laptop, make sure that the exit vent is blowing out air. Download the free Coretemp ap which will tell you the internal temperature of your laptop.

Reaction score
Gagrecco, it sounds like your machine is overheating and is shutting itself down.

If it's a desktop, open it and spray it with canned air AFTER you turn it off.

If it's a laptop, make sure that the exit vent is blowing out air. Download the free Coretemp ap which will tell you the internal temperature of your laptop.
no my pc tempurature never execedes 50 C...

Reaction score
Researching on the web, here are some possibilities:

The electricity in your house keeps going off, and your laptop then goes into sleep mode, even though the power comes back on.

You need to disable both Sleep and Hibernate. The Microsoft site says that this is probably the cause.

Choose to have no screen saver. If you have a third-party screen saver, it is probably the cause of your problem.

Go to Control Panel-System-Power Options, and choose the default options. You can make adjustments later. It is possible that your monitor is set to turn off after a short period of inactivity.

I hope that one of these suggestions helps.

Ask a Question