My Slow PC

Reaction score
Not being very busy I just ran a scan of my PC by My Clean PC you know, the guy who advertises on tv about made in USA vs foreign stuff. Just like Honest Abes' used cars he has a fix for everything in the PC world. Mine had only1374 items wrong with it. Which can be fixed for only $29.95. Ha Ha! Been there done that. I had a bad experience with System Mechanic on windows 7 where it absolutely destroyed Word Starter 2010. It took me endless floundering to figure that one out. Then there was the infamous Conduit which redirected browsers. To this day I still use Spyhunter which took care of that. Not to feel too secure I've seen lousy reviews of Spyhunter too. But it does work for me so i'll keep it. Slow PC fixes has got to be one of the biggest scams going. But then welcome to the wonderful world of the internet. Everybody just has to hustle a buck any way they can. P.T. Barnum would just love this. OK, that's enough-I quit.

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for using Windows10Forums. We will surely help you with your slow PC issue.

Sorry to know about your bad experience with System Mechanic. It is always advisable to download programs that are approved by Intel, Microsoft PinPoint and other reputed partner directories, such as, Intel SOFTWARE Partner Reginout System Utilities.

In regards to your slow running PC, I would like to suggest you defragging hard drives on regular basis- at least once in a month, if possible. To open Drive Optimizer feature in Windows 10, just use the Search Box on Taskbar. After opening it, select all drives, defrag them and set a schedule to run the task automatically. Besides, follow other system optimization techniques, tips and tricks as covered in this article. I hope it works.

Thank you !!

Reaction score
Hey, those of you in the know: isn't defrag on the way out? From what little I've read or know about SSD's defrag isn't recommended.

Ask a Question