My son locked my keyboard

Reaction score
Ok so my youngling walked across my lenovo e540 and flopped onto my wireless keyboard and now most of my keyboard dosent work i belive he somehow entered a strange combination and would like very much to fix this I'm on Windows 10 and have been trying all kinds of key combos but no luck I system restored no luck I am getting frustrated if you have any ideas I'd love them 56tyghvb space and backspace work i don't even know how to ask for help adequately thank you

Reaction score
I am a little confused. You say he walked across your notebook, then flopped on to the wireless keyboard. So which keyboard is messing up? The notebook's internal keyboard, or the external keyboard? Or both?

I am thinking physical damage was done to both keyboards.

Have you tried a 3rd keyboard, perhaps a plain wired/USB keyboard?

Reaction score
The laptop keybord I just suspect that he did this with a combination pressed on both at once and all of my diagnostic efforts say that it's fine on physical damage I'm very confused

Reaction score
Have you removed the battery from the keyboard and left it for a few minutes...then rebooted the PC with the KB battery replaced. Maybe even just jiggling the battery will do it....I have hd wireless kbs going off after being dropped and that was enough to restore them to health.

Reaction score
So the external/wireless keyboard works fine? If so, then I fear he fell too hard on the notebook and the keyboard needs to be replaced.

Reaction score
A few years back I had problems with my New Dell Laptop, being under warranty I called Dell Support. The very first thing the Dell Tech had me perform was a keyboard test by pressing every single key, including symbols and shift key + all of the shift functions.
You said your son walked across and fell on your keyboard. What if you had a couple of keyboard keys stuck as a result of the fall?

Passmark keyboard test may help (30 day trial for free) if there is any kind of life left in the old keyboard.

Ask a Question