My version of Win 10 Pro is build 11082.

Reaction score
I have Automatic updates checked, and am an Insider (fast). Problem is I have not had an update to the latest version since build 11082. Can anyone help me to get the latest version?
Thanks!

Reaction score
I ran the trouble shooter and no joy. I had earlier downloaded and burned to a CD evaluation build 14295.rs1 release 160318-1628. It installed, but I still get the message about 15July. Is this the latest build?
BTW - thanks for replying and the link to the troubleshooter.

And - it is activated.

One thing I have noticed is the the option for Fast Insider is grayed out and the Stop Insider Builds is also grayed out. How do I get them back - that may be the reason I'm no longer getting automatic updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't been getting automatic updates and just noticed the option to "Stop Insider Preview Builds" is grayed out. How do I get this started again?

Thanks for the help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
downloaded and burned to a CD evaluation build 14295.rs1 release 160318-1628. It installed
That leaves me to wonder, why are we talking about "build 11082"
I still get the message about 15July
What is producing that message, and what does the message say exactly.
Is this the latest build?
The latest version available right now is Build 14379.rs1

It sounds to me like you may have gotten caught up with some issues, right around the time that they switch the whole product key thing around and announced that no previously available product keys would serve to activate Windows 10 Preview any longer.
the option for Fast Insider is grayed out and the Stop Insider Builds is also grayed out
I'm still not sure which build you have installed and whether or not that particular build is currently activated.
Those options might be grayed out if....
You don't have anything installed on the machine, so you can't stop insider builds. I believe that when you stop insider builds there has to be a previous version of Windows 10 in place to revert to.
As far as switching to "Fast"....
I'm not sure what the current state of availability is for any insider versions that are being made available to either 10240 or 10586 versions.
14295 of course is not a Threshold build but a Redstone build and they are coming hot and heavy 3 in the last week I believe.

You may need to start over with a legitimate install of Windows either 7 SP1 or 8.1 and upgrade to 10 or if you did have a version of 10 installed then you should be able to install that again immediately with no problem.
After which, if you choose, then you can rejoin the Insider Program.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
I am having no luck at all in getting new Preview Updates and I mean updates to Win10 Insider Preview. I have installed on my computer "Build 14295.rs1_release 160318-1628" On the Advanced Options page in Settings the "Stop Insider Preview Builds" is grayed out and if I click on it - nothing happens. The Option for Insider level is maxed at Fast. It is also grayed out.
Can anyone help me to start receiving the Insider Builds again? And please give step by step instructions.
Whenever I boot up, I get the message that this version of Windows 10 will expire on 15 July 2016 and thereafter may reboot every 2 days.
My question is this - if this version is not the latest build and 15July is the cutoff date - what do I do then? I have another SSD with Win7 Pro on it that I can plug back in - just would like to stay with Win10 Pro as I really like it.

Thanks for any help forthcoming!! And YES I am logged in with my Microsoft account.

EDIT: Here is the message that comes up on boot: "This Build of windows will expire soon."
Then below that is this: "Your build of Windows will expire on 7/15/2016. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more info." Going online gives absolutely NOTHING! Would appreciate some help.

Again, thanks.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've got an ISO of the 64 bit version of INsider Build 14379, which is the latest..... at least for the next few minutes.
IF you want to try, I'll put it up on my Gdrive and send you a link.
Using it to upgrade your existing insider install, might help break something loose to fix your expiry and update issue.
Let me know.
OF course, back everything up and create a disk image before proceeding.

Reaction score
Trouble -- thanks for the link. Downloaded and burned ISO to DVD. Release 16027, Build 14379 installed and everything runs fine - as far as I can tell right now. I now have a completely new item under Settings. Under the Update and Security - my items are:
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Backup
Recovery
Activation
For Developers
Windows Insider Program - under this one I have these options:

Get Insider Preview Builds - where there is a grayed out "Fix Me" box. This information is above that box: "Your organization manages Insider Preview builds through a telemetry Group Policy setting." Now that throws me for a loop. I'm the only "organization"!!

Below the box is "Stop Insider Preview builds" and it is grayed out.

My "Windows Insider account" shows 2 accounts:
(e-mail address removed)
Microsoft account - this is grayed out. I presume that this means that I'm logged in with the first option - not the Microsoft account?

When I try to change to the Microsoft account it keeps telling me to use Microsoft Hello -- I'm on a PC without the touchscreen!
Just another bug - maybe they will get it fixed!

Anyway, that's how things stand right now. I'll wait and see if it updates when the newer build comes.
Thanks again!
Jim

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Well, after following through on the suggestion above, I changed the Allow Telemetry to "Enabled" and I still get the same message. It's 11.32 PM here in South Carolina and I'm tired! Going to bed. Will try again tomorrow.
Again, thanks for the help. I'm learning some stuff - don't know what to do with it though!!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's 11.32 PM here in South Carolina and I'm tired! Going to bed
OK.... same here shortly.
Remember after making Group Policy changes and or Registry changes a reboot will likely be required for them to actually take effect.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Now might be a good time to check to see if you can get new builds again.
14383 was release yesterday, so it might be a good time to test.

Ask a Question