SOLVED Nag screen "This operating system is not supported by this application"

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded my Packard Bell Easynote TJ68 from Windows 7 to 10. Everything seems to be working very well. Except that I keep getting a nag screen from Packard Bell "This operating system is not supported by this application", I just click on "OK" and it goes away for a while. I think that it maybe related to Edge, but as I am usually online it could be a coincidence.
Any suggestions as this is slightly annoying and is spoils the effect of 10.
Thanks.

Ams

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - not yet figured out what is causing it and I can't even find an uninstall programs feature

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - not yet figured out what is causing it and I can't even find an uninstall programs feature
Hi Ams, Glad that I am not the only one having this problem.
I am getting the same message when I am not online, so it may be nothing to do with Edge.

Reaction score
Me too, I have a Packard Bell tower computer and it shows the exact same message on start up. This has only started since downloading Windows 10. As you say "click ok and it goes away" until start up the next day.

Reaction score
Me too, I have a Packard Bell tower computer and it shows the exact same message on start up. This has only started since downloading Windows 10. As you say "click ok and it goes away" until start up the next day.
I don't get this massage on startup but after about 20 minutes and then every 15 to 20 minutes all the time the computer is on. Like you, it only started when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

Reaction score
I had the same error on my PB Easynote. The message "GREG This operating system is not supported by this application" appears on startup and after 20 minutes and so on.

Solution (on a Packard Bell machine):
  • Right-click on the start-button (bottom left on your screen)
  • click on text "control panel"
  • click "uninstall a program"
  • Scroll down until you see several lines with Packard Bell software.
  • Mark the line containing "Packard Bell Registration software/tool"
  • click uninstall in the table header.

This solved the problem for me.
"PB registration tool" uses GREG. After uninstall the GREG-files is removed from your system.
The message don't appear on my system anymore.

If don't have registered your machine already; please use the registration tool to register your hardware before you uninstall.

Remember:
I am not responsible for any problems this may cause on your machine. If you are trying it, you are doing so at your own risk.

Reaction score
I had the same error on my PB Easynote. The message "GREG This operating system is not supported by this application" appears on startup and after 20 minutes and so on.

"PB registration tool" uses GREG. After uninstall the GREG-files is removed from your system.

If don't have registered your machine already; please use the registration tool to register your hardware before you uninstall.

Remember:
I am not responsible for any problems this may cause on your machine. If you are trying it, you are doing so at your own risk.
Hi Sverre, Yes it worked for me. Many thanks.

Reaction score
No - didn't work for me. Can't notice any harm yet that I might have done by removing this file. By the way "GREG" wasn't in my error message.

Gia

Reaction score

Remember:

This solved the problem for me, too. I have a Gateway desktop machine (so I didn't have PB), but had the same message in connection with Gateway. I had already deleted all of the Gateway files I thought it was safe to delete, but didn't delete the Registration file. Once I deleted the Gateway Registration file, the message never came back (it had been popping up about every 20 minutes before that). Thank you, Sverre!!

Reaction score

Remember:

Reaction score
Thanks. Worked for me too. Only upgraded to Windows 10 last night and the GREG thing was doing my head in today. I knew what was causing it being the Packard Bell registration popup which I also kept getting on Windows 7. Just did not know how to get rid of it. Thank you for your instructions above.

Reaction score
Like Gia, I too have a Gateway computer that I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Window 10, and, yes, I was getting the same annoying message upon startup: "This operating system is not supported by this application." I went to the program list in Settings and selected "Gateway Registration" and uninstalled it. When I restarted ny computer, the message was blessedly absent. Thank you, Sverre, and thank you Gia too!

Reaction score
it seems to be whatever computer type you have to what (registration) you need to remove. I have e-machines. I had to remove the e-machines registration. Been a few hours and has not come back....hope that this helps. so look for the type of computer you have followed by registration...everything else is upper reply's to fix is the same..

Reaction score
No - didn't work for me. Can't notice any harm yet that I might have done by removing this file. By the way "GREG" wasn't in my error message.
have to look for your computer if you have hp, Compaq, e-machines, gateway and that word will be followed by registration....

Ask a Question