Need for speed on playing PCH

Reaction score
Since I am disabled and have very limited things I can do I have enjoyed playing PCH once again... Bought this computer in believing that it would be fast. It came with Win 8.1 and with the free upgrade I went to Win 10 .... Thought it best.
I don't know if the problem lies with Adobe Shockwave or not but there are times I cannot even run one game on one window.
Can I partition the drive? Should I go back to Win 8.1? Do I sell and buy a MAC (yucky yikes!!)

PLEASE ****Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.....my 2000 computer was faster than this....****PLEASE

I have cleared cookies and cache to one day (every day) helped a wee little bit
I don't have 2 Shockwaves playing ( plug ins)

Intel i7-5500 U CPU @ 2.4 GHz 2.4GHZ
16.0 GB Installed RAM
64 bit operating system, x64 bit based processor
(C:) 103 GB used out of 931 GB
WINRETOOLS (U:) 283 MB used out of 750 MB

best regards
mlt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check if you are running Intel Rapid Storage stuff. See this link

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-5460-program.aspx

I found this running and was using about 21% of my I7 based machine...nearly 1 whole core.

I removed it as per the link.

I noticed that my Insider machines were not running this nor was my wifes old AMD based machine...just my PC that came with W7 and had the free update.

Also. How fast is your C drive? If it a 5400 rpm drive with a small cache you would get a LARGE improvement replacing it with an SSD. If you have only used 103GB I'd recommend getting a 240GB SSD, cloning your C drive onto it and then using the old drive just for backup. The extra space useful for new games which get bigger every year.
240GB is the sweet spot for price on SSD at the moment although 480 GB drives are getting cheaper. Samsung 840 EVO drives are very good.

If your machine is a desktop then perhaps a faster video card.

Last edited:

Ask a Question