Need Graphics card and RAM help

Reaction score
I have a Advent DT1404. Windows 10.

I just got it back from being repaired. It now has a fan.

I need to get it a graphics card and more RAM. He said it has space for one more RAM. It has 4 RAM now, it can be taken up to 8 with another 4.
I may have joined here before but its expired or something.
I am not looking to spend a lot on the bits. I found one via a forum, maybe this. But I can't log in.

I scanned it with Crucial.

So, can anyone reccomend a graphics card and RAM?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Looks like according to this http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/DT1404.htm
You have a Foxconn H61MXL/H61MXL-K
Which supports Supports 2 x 240-pin Dual channel DDR3 1600(IVB)/ 1333/1066 x 2 DIMMs, Max. 16GB
AND
It has one PCI Express 3.0(IVB)/2.0 x16 slots
Which leaves you several options for a video card.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?T=Motherboard&U=en-us0000554
You need to shop your budget according to your geographical location for whatever deals might best fit any financial constraints

Reaction score
Graphics card depends on what your needs are (streaming, gaming, etc.), and also what power supply you have. Some graphics cards require a beefy power supply.

Reaction score
I want it for gaming. Nothing super precious graphics or anything. Just run games properly.
I have to lay off the games till I get a graphics card and RAM.

Reaction score
You ideally want to match the speed of the ram already in your system. It's not required, but will only run as fast as the slowest stick you have.

As far as a graphics card, that's still hard to say without knowing what power supply you have. If it's 300 watts or less, your options are very limited.

Reaction score
Looking here at this picture of an open Advent DT1404 the unit appears to have a standardized case and power supply mounting space so you should be fine even if you wanted or needed to upgrade the power supply. Since the units appears to come standard with a 220W PSU with a rated 13A on the +12v rail so I would definitely ask the shop if they can replace it to a good quality 430-500W power supply, and that way you can safely upgrade to something like a GTX 1050/1050ti/1060 or RX 460-470

Ask a Question