Need Network Help Please?

Reaction score
I have two Win10 PCs setup exactly the same; named PC1 and PC2. Both have EXACTLY the same options selected in Network setup, and both are on EXACTLY the same Workgroup. I can ‘ping’ each PC from the other using the Command Prompt.

PC1 can access the Public folder on PC2, but not the other way round. Although PC2 ‘sees’ PC1, when I try to access it, I get “Windows cannot cannot access \\PC1

Selecting “Diagnose”, it says “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but PC1 is not responding”.

Any ideas please?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sometimes these types of problems are produced by third party security suites.
Do you have any such program installed on the problem machine? (Avast, Avira, AVG, BitDefender, Comodo, McAfee, Norton / Symantec, etc., etc., )
IF so.... often you will need to configure some type of "trust" within the software.

Reaction score
I think there is a problem in the network system and you can reboot your system. Maybe your problem will solve after rebooting the PC2.

Reaction score
I have two Win10 PCs setup exactly the same; named PC1 and PC2. Both have EXACTLY the same options selected in Network setup, and both are on EXACTLY the same Workgroup. I can ‘ping’ each PC from the other using the Command Prompt.

PC1 can access the Public folder on PC2, but not the other way round. Although PC2 ‘sees’ PC1, when I try to access it, I get “Windows cannot cannot access \\PC1

Selecting “Diagnose”, it says “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but PC1 is not responding”.

Any ideas please?
Dougal,

Reaction score

Any ideas please?

Have your tried connecting using the IP address of PC1...\\X.X.X.X If you can connect it's a DNS issue. The other thing is to Turn on network discovery and file sharing on PC1.

Ask a Question