SOLVED Stop e-mail notification popup

Reaction score
Am using outlook in win 10 and I don't like the little dark box that slides in from the bottom right hand corner that let's me know I have a new email. Is there a way to make that go away? I found how to quit the preview pane but can I stop this 'notification bug'? I'd like to squash it.

Thx much.

Reaction score
Am using outlook in win 10 and I don't like the little dark box that slides in from the bottom right hand corner that let's me know I have a new email. Is there a way to make that go away? I found how to quit the preview pane but can I stop this 'notification bug'? I'd like to squash it.

Thx much.

Reaction score
Thank you much Jesse. I figured it must be there somewhere and you got me to it. Problem solved and I think I can use that info to do even more. Man I'm getting smart! :)

Reaction score
Help. Back on Feb 10 I asked for help on how to shut down the email notification bug that comes across the right hand bottom corner. Jesse got me straight on that and it worked...until now. This thing has taken on a life of its own and despite what I have done the notification bug is back. I checked and the 'box' is still saying not to show the bug. What the heck is going on and how do I get rid of this nuisance once and for all? Can anyone help me? Thx in advance. Noel

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Click the Start Button -> Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions -> Scroll Down
Through the list, find the thing or things that are annoying you and turn their respective sliders to off

Reaction score
Click the Start Button -> Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions -> Scroll Down
Through the list, find the thing or things that are annoying you and turn their respective sliders to off

A big thank you for your help. That worked very well and solved my problem. great service you provide. To push my luck a bit, do you have any advise to stop any of the ads that pop up every so often? I'd do anything to stop whatever I can from interrupting my intended destination. Many thanks. Noel

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure what exactly you mean by "ads"?
Many browser support some type of Ad-Block Software as an add-on / plug-in
You'll want to do a search for your browser of choice something like
https://adblockplus.org/ (that link is for IE but I'm relatively certain you can find something out there for Firefox or Chrome, etc.)
OR something similar may help to address what is my best guess at what you are asking.

Reaction score
yes, to me they are ads but I guess the correct terminology is pop-ups. Anything that they throw at you I
d prefer to minimize. I'm running edge as my browser right now. many thx for your comments back. noel

Ask a Question