SOLVED Network adapter issues

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an ASUS laptop. When I got it it had windows 8 installed, so now I've updated to windows 10. When I first updated to Windows 10 it was fine, no problems, but in the past few weeks the internet connection has been messing up. Originally it just wouldn't connect to my schools network. It would say "Not connected - no connections available". After a while the same hing would happen at home, but restarting seemed to fix it. Then Not even restarting would fix it, so I found a temporary fix, go to device manager and update the network adapter. It is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller. After a few days of doing this it wouldn't work anymore, so I just left it. Now, without me doing anything, it seems to be working somewhat. Now it says I'm connected, but it says "limited" I can fix this with troubleshooting, but it happens again every few minutes. When I troub;eshoot it, it says "Problem with wireless adapter or access point - fixed".

I've tried repairing the adapter from the realtek website, but this did nothing. Anyone know what's wrong?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
After upgrading from 8 to 10 did you install any 10 drivers for your Asus laptop from the Asus website? Did you check to see if your Asus laptop model even supported windows 10 before you upgraded the OS?

Ask a Question