SOLVED Network Bridge On Vmnet0 Not Working

BEH

Reaction score
Hi. I have been using VMPlayer which runs as a guest Linux OS on Windows 10 for quite a while. I applied some Windows updates a couple of days ago which included the new Creator version. Yesterday when I started my VMPlayer VM machine I received the error as noted above as subject. Somehow I think the Ethernet adapter settings were changed. I searched the web and found some hits on this which included step by step instructions on how to install the service - VMware Bridge Protocol under Settings, Network & Internet, Ethernet. The steps are straightforward and I'm sure I didn't make a mistake. I then stopped and restarted the VMware NAT and DHCP services. I then rebooted my laptop. I received the same error when I started my VMPlayer VM machine.
I'm hoping some Windows users may have seen this issue and may provide me with some advice.. stuck now and not sure how to proceed with this issue.

my env.

EDITION - WINDOWS 10 PRO
VERSION - 1703
BUILD - 15063.403

VMPlayer - version 6.0.7 (I do not have Workstation installed)

BEH

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie..... checked for updates to Windows 10 today and found this...
I downloaded and applied it and voila.. my VMPlayer Ethernet connection issue was corrected...
I haven't read the KB yet...

2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022716)

thanks for your advice and time

Ask a Question