Network Icon Disappeared

Reaction score
My windows opens up but it wont connect to the internet the internet networks icon is gone and the volume icon is there it just has an x by it like its in mute but it isn't and every time i click on it it just opens troubleshooter for some reason and the bad part is it cant find anything wrong and everytime i click on update and security it closes settings in general

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Kyoki,

Welcome to the Forum.

Can you confirm which version of Windows 10 you are using please.

Type winver in your search box and press Enter to see.

So far as the Volume icon with a Red X:
  • right-click on Start
  • Select Device Manager
  • Expand Sound, Video and game controllers
Check whether a yellow triangle is next to your sound card. You may simply need to right-click it and choose Enable or alternately, choose update driver

It would help if you let us know what is displayed when you expand Sound, video and game controllers too so we can ascertain what you have for current settings. For example if you see listed there High Definition Audio Device that is a default Microsoft users in lieu of IDT Codecs which for some users no longer works properly in Windows 10 and thus they are forced to use this Default, which sometimes you need to enable when starting computer before opening a browser to get your speakers working.​

For the Network icon:
  • right-click on Taskbar
  • Select Taskbar settings
  • Scroll down and select Turn system icons on or off
  • Turn on Network
I imagine there will be some more to do to get your OS running as expected, so the above is just a starter.

As I said, if you can let us know what Windows 10 version you are using, and more about your computer details, like brand, model number, and sound card / chipset being used that would help us help you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.953) Plus it says there is nothing wrong with the drivers

Regedit32

Reaction score
OK, well if you are not receiving the Creator update yet, there still ought to be an update that will take you to Build 14393.1066 or 14393.1083 which may help resolve some of these issue.

Can you confirm what driver is being used for your Speaker. Also, is this a headset, or external speakers?

A stand-alone update can be downloaded here if its not showing in your Windows update:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4015217

Reaction score
upload_2017-4-20_21-21-38.jpeg
Earphones and i havent had a problem with them before i restarted my pc and all it has for drivers is realteck high definition audio razer surround and screaming bee audio

Reaction score
and as for networks its faded out it says its on but its not there and i cant click on it

Reaction score
Keep it as the broken pc has no internet would i be able to put the update on a flashdrive then put it into the pc from my laptop?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Via Device Manager, you could open the properties of the Realtek drivers by:
  • right-clicking and choosing properties > Drivers tab
  • Select Uninstall device
  • In the pop up window that appears make sure the check box is not checked and click Uninstall button
  • Restart computer which ought to redetect device and install again to see whether that resolves the audio issues.

Or if you prefer not to do that then in your Search box type Find and fix audio and select Find and fix audio play back problems then run that tool.

For the network in your search box type Identify and repair network problems and run that tool

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you have sufficient space on a flash drive, yes you could download and create a boot disk to install the update, or download the file and copy to other computer: however, you really need the Network running for the update to work properly as it will check online for anything needed during this process so may fail if the network is down.

Reaction score
Okay it on other devices : Audio Device on High definition Audio Bus I update and it says install realtek *sigh* and it wont install it because it says the data is invalid

Regedit32

Reaction score
Where are you getting the realtek driver from? Letting system search online for it, or are you attempting to install one you all ready have on computer?

Ask a Question