Networking between Windows 10 and Windows XP

Reaction score
Hi All,
We have a pc with Windows 10 connected to a printer and a pc with Windows XP. We called in the tech guys couple of months ago and he did the networking between the two only to share the printer and we shared the printer using these settings in Windows XP

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ps/Admin/AddSharedPrinterasaLocalPrinter.html

Now we have reinstalled Windows 10, so could anyone please explain how to do networking settings in Windows 10 to share the printer? Last time we called in the tech guy and he did some settings from Windows>>Run to do networking. The workgroup names of both the pc's are same. Thanks

Reaction score
Yes it is possible to share a USB connected printer without homegroups in Windows 10.

On the host PC with the printer, under Device and Printers in Control Panel, right click the printer you want to share, select See what's printing, Select Printer from the menu, select sharing or share this printer, enable the checkbox that reads share this printer.

The thing is that the Sharing tab in the printer properties only shows up for me if I go through the "whats printing" window, and the sharing tab doesn't show up if I right-click properties from the device and printers window.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
the sharing tab doesn't show up if I right-click properties from the device and printers window.
Are you selecting / clicking "printer properties" from the center of the right click context menu or "properties" at the bottom of the right click context menu.
Try the middle one.

Ask a Question