Never ending blue screen cycle

Amg

Reaction score
so I was going to restart my laptop and it said update and restart so i dis that. After it restarted, a blue screen came up with the error NTFS FILE SYSTEM and it automatically restarts. Hp logo comes on and it says preparing automatic repair. The screen then turns black for A few seconds. After that another blue screen pops with the error FAT FILE SYSTEM. It restarts again and it goes into a continuous cycle where I can not use my computer. It has been going on for 50 minutes now. I don't know what to do.

Sorry if this was hard to read, I wrote this on mobile.

Also, this error never happened to me before and it started when i restarted and updated my computer.

Taking out the battery turns it off but I still keep getting blue screened.

Also, ctrl f8 f11 does not do anything
Shift f8 does nothing

This is my only laptop and I can not afford a new one so I'm freaking out right now, all I did was "update and restart" from the start menu and now I can't even use my laptop as I constantly watch it go from blue screen to restarting to black screen with hp logo to blue screen again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF your system will do nothing but Blue Screen and you don't have a recent disk image from which to recover.....
You're going to need the installation media to boot the system in order to attempt any type of repair or installation.
Do you at least have a back up of all your critical data?
You mention that it is a "laptop" does it have a OEM recovery partition and a method or utility that you can use to restore it to its' factory settings?
I was going to restart my laptop and it said update and restart so i dis that
What OS were you running (name and version)? Did you happen to notice which or what update was being applied?
You'll need a second working computer to obtain the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Make sure you match it with your current installation.
Choose Windows 10, the first item in the first drop down (not single language at the bottom) * see note at bottom.
Next choose your language and your bit version (32 or 64 bit to match your system architecture or in the case of an upgrade, to match your currently installed version of Windows).
That will provide an ISO that will boot, upgrade, repair (or clean install) either or both Windows 10 Pro and Home.
Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options
*NOTE: In some cases, we've learned that some people have the "Single Language" version installed. In which case you would need that download. It's important that you match the ISO.

Amg

Reaction score
I do not have a backup of my data.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a hp 15 notebook pc.

I did not see what exactly it was updating. I update my laptop weekly.

I am not sure exactly if it has a oem recovery partition but I am able to bring up a window titled "insydeh20 setup utility" when I pressed f10. This stops the laptop from continuously restarting but i do not know what to do from here.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
insydeh20 setup utility
Yep.... that's your BIOS and other than checking your boot device priority to make sure it is pointing at your hard disk, there is nothing else much you can do aside from confirming that it does see a hard drive at all.

As I said above you are going to need boot media.
Other than the Windows 10 boot media that I linked to above....
You could always try booting to a Linux Live Distro to see if you can at least back up your data.
https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=219

Reaction score
I'd try to booting to a live Linux dvd or flash drive, and try and get your data first. Then like trouble said, download the Windows iso and try to repair the installation. Worst case, if that doesn't work, at least hopefully you can save your data before reinstalling Windows

Ask a Question