New build 10166 just released.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Got my up and running....first thing it fixed that I noticed was the Edge "move to new window"....now you can open Edge on multiple desktops.

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue where the start menu doesn't stay on the screen? I upgraded from Build 10162 to 10166 on my Toshiba tablet and when I hit the start menu button, the start menu pops ups up for about 3 to 5 seconds and then just disappears. When it is on the screen, nothing works I literally had to hold the power button down on my Toshiba tablet and swipe down on the screen to get it to shut down. I have since reverted back to build 10162 and am using my Tablet and Bluetooth keyboard & mouse to type this comment.

Reaction score
I don't typically talk on forum's, I'm usually one just to read them for fixes. But I actually had the same issue as you NOLATechy and had to go through a few different threads to find a fix for it. I went from 10162 to 10166 and had the start menu bug, but still had it after reverting back to 10162. This fix worked for me, hopefully it will work for you. See below.

Open powershell as administrator.
Paste this

$app = Get-AppxPackage -Name Microsoft.WindowsPhone

$app | Remove-AppxPackage

$man = $app.installlocation + "\appxmanifest.xml"

Add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $man

Press enter

Try the start menu now.

It seems that the microsoft phone companion app was causing the problem for me.

Hopefully this helps! Goodluck.

Ask a Question