New Computer Issues

Reaction score
When you buy a new computer and you have issues right off the bat where do you go for help. Do you go to the store your purchased it from, or to Dell (the manufacturer) or to Microsoft because the issues are probably with windows 10? Or do we come here to you. I'm sure you could probably help but who is responsible for warranty issues? thanks to anyone who has some ideas for me.
Ottiliegirl

Reaction score
Definitely to the place of purchase. I would question if it came directly from Dell with Windows 10 installed.
Or did the place of purchase upgrade their inventory to Windows 10?

Reaction score
Thanks for that very quick reply. I checked with Best Buy and the Windows software came from Dell already installed on the machines. He answered a couple of my questions but some are not issues just information I need. Maybe you could address these.
1. Is a recovery drive the same as a repair disk or do I need both?
2. Windows comes with a One Note app and Word and Excel 2013 already installed but I have OneNote 2013 and Word and Excell 2010 on my other two computers and would like to install them on the new computer. Do I install them first and then uninstall the versions that came with the computer or vice versa?
3. Neither of my other laptops require a pin or password. I could not get proceed with my start up on the new computer without giving a pin. How can I get rid of ihat sign in step. I believe I set up the computer as local and I am the only user.
I hope you might have soe answers to these questions for me. Thank you.

Reaction score
You should create both see link below for explanation. The link is for Windows 7 OS but also applies to Win 10

http://www.andyrathbone.com/2009/12...very-discs-and-windows-7s-system-repair-disc/

2. Why not just leave One Note app, Word and Excel 2013 that' already OEM installed by Dell on your new Win 10 PC. Why delete them? You may void warranty issues. Copy the files from the programs (One Note app, Word and Excel 2013) over to your new PC.

3.Change Password See the link it will give you guidance.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/password.11044/

Dell strongly recommend that you create a recovery and repair disk before making any system changes.
I would also recommend that you create a system image on external media before you start making too many changes. Should you have any problems you can restore your HD back to exactly the way it was when the image was created.

Reaction score
I just got a new Dell (Inspiron 17) and had 3 BSODs the first 30 minutes. It appears that was caused by the Product Registration utility.

I have been having other errors and warnings since then but no more Blue Screens. I did update my Bios firmware since it was 3 versions behind, along with certain other drivers which had been updated.

If you are showing WHEA warnings, try setting your network adapter to not sleep to see if it makes a difference.

Any specific questions, let us know.

Reaction score
You should create both see link below for explanation. The link is for Windows 7 OS but also applies to Win 10

http://www.andyrathbone.com/2009/12...very-discs-and-windows-7s-system-repair-disc/

2. Why not just leave One Note app, Word and Excel 2013 that' already OEM installed by Dell on your new Win 10 PC. Why delete them? You may void warranty issues. Copy the files from the programs (One Note app, Word and Excel 2013) over to your new PC.

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/password.11044/

Dell strongly recommend that you create a recovery and repair disk before making any system changes.
I would also recommend that you create a system image on external media before you start making too many changes. Should you have any problems you can restore your HD back to exactly the way it was when the image was created.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Since posting my question I have decided that this computer needs to go back to Best Buy where they will investigate my other problems. When I get this one back (or a replacement) I will address those other issues. I find that I do not have those office products installed just an invitation try or buy them so I will proceed to install my programs. The article about the password looks like just what I need. Thanks for all answers.

Reaction score
You normally have 30 days to decide.. Since you have not actually shared what problems you are having, is it absolutely necessary you can't take a few more days to make such a decision?

Reaction score
I don't want to wait until I have all my programs and data installed and then realize I might have to remove it all and exchange the computer. An example of one of my issues was seeing your e-mail and trying to get it opened. After I clicked on the mail it still didn't open for almost 3 minutes. The little blue ball just kept rolling around until I quit and tried to open it again. Best Buy says they will take a look at it and swap it out if necessary. I've already put a great deal of time into this one. That's just one of the issues. There are others also.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully, Best Buy can get it figured out or replaced.

As far as e-mails from this forum, you may want to check normal e-mails from friends and see if they do the same things. Forum e-mails may have something extra the system is dealing with.

Good Luck,,

Reaction score
[.........]
After being urged over many months on this forum to use Macrium (free) to make a backup of the C drive System, I started doing that a few months ago - a daily full image to join three more covering the previous three days. It works automatically every day and I don't even notice that the backup is being made. I have twice tested it by restoring my system, which worked quickly, simply and perfectly. Following a crash or similar, I can therefore be back in a few minutes to the position I was in up to 24 hours ago. A huge confidence- booster.

If you have your personal files (Documents, Pictures etc.) on the C drive as well (which is the conventional way), I believe that they are also included in the backup. (I can't confirm that in practice because my personal files are on a separate drive.)

Reaction score
https://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-windows-7-login-password-in-3-ways.html

I agree with you ,I'm not using Windows 7 on my tablet now . but with it , i have succeed restore lost password before ,hope you can completely the Windows 7 Password recovery program like me,

Ask a Question