New computer with Win10

Reaction score
Every time I shut it down I have problems signing in. It says my password is wrong. I have struggled with this and finally let me in. I was updating drivers and had to restart. Has been 2 hours of trying to get in this time. I even tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and says wrong password. I know it is not, I just changed it.

I tried a flash stick to reset it and says the flash stick is not password reset.

Reaction score
Every time I shut it down I have problems signing in. It says my password is wrong. I have struggled with this and finally let me in. I was updating drivers and had to restart. Has been 2 hours of trying to get in this time. I even tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and says wrong password. I know it is not, I just changed it.

I tried a flash stick to reset it and says the flash stick is not password reset.
I even went in and told it to never ask me to sign in!

Reaction score
Sorry no one seems to have an answer but if you know you are using the correct password, make sure the caps key isn't on or possibly you added an extra character you have forgotten about.

Try a different keyboard or use the onscreen one.

Make sure you are using the password for the correct user as in the Microsoft account or a Local account. They could be different.

Reaction score
Just a thought! I would also make sure you don't have a sticky key or Caps Lock key.

Ask a Question