New Cumulative Update

Reaction score
Update Tuesday brings several updates including new build: Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.63).

rrbt.PNG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine hasn't done it yet. Currently showing the update scheduled for 3:30 am tomorrow..

Can I assume no one is having problems with it? Any settings being reset?

Reaction score
None that I have noticed. There is a post somewhere on the forum where a user thinks it may have upset his clock settings - not confirmed.

Reaction score
None that I have noticed. There is a post somewhere on the forum where a user thinks it may have upset his clock settings - not confirmed.
Thanks, I haven't noticed anything yet either. This is just an update, not a new build so I wouldn't expect any major changes. I have noticed many folks having networking situations prior to this update so perhaps it will help with that.

Reaction score
It caused a problem on one pc but not another. When I create a snip with the snipping tool it does not appear in pictures after saving it and I can not locate it even with a search although I do see all snips when I press save. It is saved to the clipboard so I can access it in Paint. I had this same problem on a different pc after an update but the problem went away after a short time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The snipping tool normally saves to the last location to which you directed it, as well as to the clipboard. You should be able to see this location, before you save it. If it is giving a problem,give it a distinctive name before "save as", and then search for it

Reaction score
I am starting to see some alerts about the Intel HD graphics driver and stopped responding. As far as I can tell, I am not really using that adapter but something seems to have changed.

Reaction score
Cumulative update? Hah! I've lost track of how many attempts I made at KB3124200 and now KB 3124263. Every attempt promises getting windows ready and working on updates only to end up with a notification that we couldn't finish installing updates.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It downloaded OK on a Yahoo browser but when I click on it the message is this update is not applicable to your computer.

Oh well, better luck next time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That link provides three different options
Two for Windows 10 32 and 64 bit as well as one for 64 bit server version.
You need to double check and confirm your are using the correct one for your system architecture.

Bif

Reaction score
The last cumulative is on par with drunk party sex..
went through all the motions but disappointingly anticlimactic...

Reaction score
The snipping tool normally saves to the last location to which you directed it, as well as to the clipboard. You should be able to see this location, before you save it. If it is giving a problem,give it a distinctive name before "save as", and then search for it
It was "directed" to Pictures as I said and it was given a "distinctive" name for which I searched, again as I said, but even though I can see them listed in Pictures at the time I save, when I search, none of the snips can be found. I feel like I am repeating myself.
Still, not to worry, I am sure this glitch will rectify itself just as it did the last time an update created an identical glitch. As I said.

Reaction score
An Update may change the saving file type to .png. You need to change the default settings or look for that file type.

I have a $1500 piece of software which isn't working correctly in Windows 10. I wish my problems were as easy to fix.

Reaction score
As I posted on the save as location, the snipping tool will always save to the last used handle. As far as I know, there is no option to save as a default.
But, whether or not, if the op can see his previous snips, before saving a new one, it is a mystery that the search cannot locate them.
Only thing to offer is the possibility that he has more than one "picture" folder and is looking in the wrong one. If they are not available in the search facility, then they would be, possibly, in another partition.? The only other associated folder would be username\Documents\My pictures, which is a system folder.

Reaction score
I saw 3 versions of KB3124263. Two for 64 bit and one for Technical Preview which my system does not have. I chose a 64 bit 325.6 Mb version downloaded and installed it then searched view updates but it isn't there. Repeated all that and still not there. No messages saying I couldn't install. Installation process looked OK and seemed to go well.

As Bif said disappointingly anticlimactic.

Ask a Question