New install using full windows 10

Reaction score
I successfully downloaded and upgraded my frankenbuild computer to windows 10. after running it for about 30 days I decided to try a clean install. it crashed my system. I now have a full version of windows 10 on a flash drive but my system wont boot from a flashdrive. how can install the new full version?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
my system wont boot from a flashdrive
Do you mean that there is no way to configure the BIOS to boot from USB?
OR.....
Do you mean that the system is not recognizing the USB ThumbDrive as bootable.
How old is your system? Is it Legacy BIOS / MBR or is it UEFI / GPT?

Reaction score
correct there is no way to configure the bios to boot from usb, once the system is turned on it recognizes the usb

Reaction score
Full version on the flash drive? You do mean the ISO?
If so, create a small extra partition on your HD, enough to accommodate about 5GBS will be sufficient. Expand the ISO. You may be able to do this by just clicking it, otherwise any decent unzip program will suffice. Copy all of the contents, over to a folder you create on your new partition. (call it Setup, or something significant.
Run setup from there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
correct there is no way to configure the bios to boot from usb, once the system is turned on it recognizes the usb
Some older system would not boot from USB, even after going into the BIOS an enabling "Legacy USB" ( it would have to be pretty old though).
It sounds to me that you're going to have to get that ISO and burn in to a DVD. You can use ImgBurn from here http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to do so, but......
You're going to need access to a working computer that can read your thumb drive and on which you can install ImgBurn to do so.
Assuming you previous install of Windows 10 on the problem computer was "activated" then a clean install should not be a problem.

Ask a Question