SOLVED New ISO.

Reaction score
The Anniversary upgrade down loaded last night and I've been thinking about doing a clean install, I installed Win 10 when it first came out and downloaded and burnt the ISO to disc. My question is, do I need to download the ISO again?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The Anniversary upgrade down loaded last night and I've been thinking about doing a clean install, I installed Win 10 when it first came out and downloaded and burnt the ISO to disc. My question is, do I need to download the ISO again?
IF the only ISO you have is the one you produced when Windows 10 "first came out", then yes you should probably get a new ISO to create your installation media.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Match you ISO download to your current version and bit architecture

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.....
Sort of defeats the purpose of a custom clean install, by installing 10240 or even 10586 and then upgrading from there.
Best to start with the latest available.
While they can be a bit of a pain, nothing beats a clean install and starting things off with a pristine registry.

Ask a Question