New laptop and hotmail account

Reaction score
Just bought a new laptop and when I try to access Hotmail on w10, I get as far as putting in my email address and then get a message saying there's an issue looking up my account. the message says to press next but all that seems to do is send me round in a circle (thinks about it again and exact same error message). I have tried the Hotmail account on my tablet and it works fine.

I've spent days trying to work out what's gone wrong and looked through the forums but can't see this particular issue. I

Has anyone come across this and can help please?
Thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
OK...you're using the webmail service....which is Outlook.com aka Outlook.

Have you added your hotmail address to the mail web service?

Reaction score
we've tried that for days - it won't let us log in and that's when we get a message saying there's an issue looking up my account. the message says to press next but all that seems to do is send me round in a circle.

Reaction score
Check that you're entering the email address & password correctly especially caps lock being on & whether the account is .com or .co.uk etc. Try entering the details using the onscreen keyboard to rule out a keyboard problem.

Reaction score
Also check that you aren't logged into a different device (mobile phone/tablet/another PC) at the same time, it may be the reason why you cannot log in?. ;)

Reaction score
Quote ["I have tried the Hotmail account on my tablet and it works fine."]
Your account is valid then, as @wolf said make sure you are logged out on all other devices.
I realize it's a new laptop but you may have keyboard issue.
I would open word or notepad and depress every key, A-Z, a-z numerals and symbols.

Ask a Question